At Viresco, we are looking for bright minds and “Builders” who care deeply about sustainability, thrive in a high-paced environment full of exciting changes, and want to see how technology can change our world. If you are a self-starter and you recognize the incredible impact, we can have when our team works together with our customers to reduce our carbon footprint one gallon at a time then we are a great place to work.
Our company is driven by integrity, passion, and problem-solving for and with our customers to provide great service and a sustainable organics waste management solution. We Strive for Excellence in The constant pursuit of the Win-Win-Win for our Customers, our Environment, and our Company. VIRESCO understands that success comes from delighting our customers, so we work together to ensure that happens every day by sustainably managing customer organic waste products and protecting the organization’s brand. We work determined and are courageous about asking questions and making sure our customer’s needs are exceeded. We get to work in an industry that is fundamental to the greater good by reducing greenhouse gases and helping to protect our environment.
We require self-starters, and problem solvers who are ready to roll up their sleeves and get involved in finding a better way for organics management. We value the unique qualities and perspectives all employees bring to the company. We’re always looking for honest, passionate, and smart people to join our team and this is how we define a Builder. We’ve accomplished a lot in our short history, and we have aggressive growth goals and plans.
The Organics Sales Manager is a field-based sales position. The selected individual can live anywhere in the territory somewhere between the Twin Cities of Minnesota to Abbotsford WI and will spend the majority of their time as a customer-facing expert visiting with and selling VIRESCO’s services to food and beverage manufacturers.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, then send a resume or letter introducing yourself to Joe@VirescoAD.com We are looking forward to meeting you.
GENERAL JOB DESCRIPTION
The Organic Solutions Sales Manager is responsible for the acquisition and expansion of new feedstock streams in the Upper Midwest, including Wisconsin, and Minnesota. You will establish yourself and VIRESCO as the leader in food waste and organics recovery for all food and beverage manufacturers. Developing a deep understanding of the market landscape and food and beverage production will support your success in this role. Prospecting, developing, growing, and cultivating sales relationships is essential, but ultimately closing sales deals will be the benchmark for success.
This role will Identify and develop business-to-business relationships with food and beverage manufacturers, by developing and presenting sustainable organic waste disposal options that provide customers with an economical solution along with providing brand protection. The Organic Solutions Sales Manager position is likely the first interaction prospective customers have with VIRESCO. Our team is comprised of tenacious, positive, and hard-working individuals, dedicated to outstanding achievement and success of themselves, the Sales team, and the company. VIRESCO is looking for a self-motivated, flexible, team-oriented, and creative salesperson looking to further build their career in sales.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Source and close organic feedstock streams to support the operation of VIRESCO.
- Identify, prospect, and source 70,000 tons per year of new high-strength organic feedstock from the vast amount of food processors, beverage manufacturers, and distribution companies in the Upper Midwest.
- Comfortable presenting and negotiating proposals at all levels of the prospective customer.
- Demonstrating a consultative sales approach by creating value-based partnerships and long-term sustainable relationships.
- Maintain and grow customer relationships acting as an industry expert.
- Build a Market Research process, researching and identifying potential customers. Analyzing information and data to make proposals to prospective and existing customers.
- Tenaciously prospecting, qualifying, and capturing leads and opportunities through prospecting via phone, Internet, social media, industry trade shows, and in-person meetings.
- Devotion to sales development, achievement, and driving career forward rapidly.
- Ability to be flexible and work in a rapidly changing, collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent oral, written, and social media communication skills.
- Very strong creative, multi-tasking, and organizational skills.
- The ability to work with a variety of internal groups with solid technical aptitude & business acumen.
- Curious, positive, and aggressive attitude for solving problems and building a business.
QUALIFICATIONS / Required Skills
- Education: Preferably a bachelor’s degree. Minimum of associate degree.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of business-to-business sales and customer support.
- Tenacity, time management, and attention to detail: Balancing deadlines with developing opportunities, helping execute customer commitments, working with challenging opportunities, and dealing with rejections of proposals while meeting growth targets.
- Work collaboratively with our technical and operations team to educate and communicate with customers to identify needs and overcome objections.
- Communications: Clear written and verbal communication with VIRESCO’s team and customers.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel, and PowerPoint used for internal and external communications and business analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills working in a professional environment.
- Strong collaboration, and team-building skills.
- Ability to research, utilize, and leverage social media and the internet to qualify leads, and drive opportunity and revenue.
Email Us to Apply