Turtle Lake, WI
Plant operators play a key role in the success of our company and ensure that the plant operates safely, efficiently and in compliance with all our regulatory permits. Plant operators perform a variety of skilled operational tasks throughout the day which includes interfacing with our SCADA system, running analytical tests and performing technical maintenance work supporting the operation.
- Operates the VIRESCO anaerobic digestion process by monitoring equipment, gauges and charts in the digester, electrical generation, and waste treatment processes.
- Monitors performance of electrical systems, circuits, and treatment plant equipment.
- Assist in the performance of regular and unscheduled maintenance and repairs of equipment.
- Records and analyzes statistical data concerning plant operations ensuring that the plant is running as specified.
- Discern and respond to verbal and auditory signals form control panels.
- Troubleshoots failures and malfunctions to determine the root cause and maintains, operates, repairs and replaces equipment as necessary.
- Take, record, and analyze readings of various electrical and mechanical meters.
- Maintains, modifies, or repairs instrumentation and control equipment including recorders, flowmeter, and other water quality monitoring equipment.
- Maintains open communications with the Lead Operator regarding the treatment process and operation and malfunctions of equipment.
- Creates a safe work environment.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Maintains a clean and presentable plant environment.
- Perform plant walk downs to monitor operating equipment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements and Skills
- Excellent oral and written communications skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment and perform effectively without close supervision.
- Must be computer literate.
- Ability to maintain accurate logs of reading and any other records as necessary.
- Must be able to work 12-hour rotating shifts.
- Must be able to read and follow written procedures.
- Receive and dispense the use of treatment chemicals.
Desirable Training and Experience
- Wastewater Operator Certification.
- Two years’ experience operating a wastewater plant.